Year: November 2009
Idea: A compensation method which does not assume the input signal is bandlimited, however it has a stationary known power spectrum. (The spectrum power can also be estimated) Then compensation for timing mismatches are desiged in a statistically optimal sense.
Formulate the problem as a estimation problem. Do the estimation using a linear LMS criterion. Where the weights W are calculated to minimize the power if the reconstruction error signal.
- Using LMS with knowledge on the spectrum. (Minimize the power of the reconstruction error signal)
- Faster decay rate, reduces order
- Optimization with order constraint possible
- Proposed Wiener filter equiv filter bank compensation
- Other methods mentioned: Eldar-Oppenheim, Johansson-Lowenborg, Prendergast-Levy-Hurst (PLH)
- Frobenius norm
- Moore-Penrose pseudoinverse
- Wiener smoother